In the month of October, UPPER 90 FC went ‘Pink’ to support Breast Cancer Awareness. We want to thank all of our players and families for their generous support and giving. This year we were able to raise more than $1800. That money is is being donated to a GREAT cause, the Mary Grace Memorial Foundation.
About the Foundation: The Mary Grace Memorial Foundation was founded to memorialize Mary Grace and to help those battling all forms of cancer. Read Mary’s heartfelt story and consider helping us fulfill our mission.
Some facts about Breast Cancer in the United States: (http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-facts)
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosedwith breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in menis rare, an estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
#breastcancerrealitycheck #breastcancerawarenessmonth #BreastCancer #breastcancerawareness #cancerawareness #standuptocancer
At UPPER 90 FC we look for youth with a “passion for the game, players with the inner drive to reach for their goals, and players with exceptional character and sportsmanship both on and off the soccer field.” With these projects we are working to develop the “off the soccer field” aspect of our youth.