2nd Annual ‘Tis the Season of Giving – Adopt-A-Family for the Holidays
At UPPER 90 FC we look for youth with a “passion for the game, players with the inner drive to reach for their goals, and players with exceptional character and sportsmanship both on and off the soccer field.” With this event we are focusing on the “off the field” aspect of our youth.
In this spirit, UPPER 90 FC has ‘adopted’ several local families in need, for this Holiday season. Your involvement will bring something essential to these local families: Hope! By donating or adopting, you bring hope and encouragement to those who are struggling. We would like to make this season one more of cheer and less of stress for these families. You can help make that happen!
The May Dugan Center, a non-profit organization that provides health and human service programs to individuals and families on the near West Side of Cleveland, has matched us with 40 children/youth who need our help. Our ‘adopted’ families this year have members ranging from newborn to 16 years of age. Their main needs range from clothing, to books, and some household and personal items. Of course, the little ones would love some toys and fun Holiday gifts, too!
Examples of requests from the kids: pjs, books, baby doll, kids tea set, some clothing, winter coats, hats and gloves. Be sure to check the tags on the bulbs on the tree before you buy.
How it works:
- We will be placing hand made ornaments on the UPPER 90 FC Christmas tree on Monday, November 27th (located at our winter indoor training facility, CDSI) with gift labels attached to them.
- If you would like to purchase a gift (or gifts), simply remove the hand made ornament(s) and sign the gift log sheet matching the recipient and code.
- The tags/labels on these ornaments will list the name of the recipient, their age and their desired gift.
- Take the hand made ornament home, as a gift from us, and hang it on your family tree.
- When you bring in your gift, please make sure it is wrapped and has a gift tag with the name of the recipient on it and simply place the gift underneath the Christmas tree.
Please have your gifts back under the tree by Thursday, December 14th, 2017 to allow for sufficient delivery time.
This is a great opportunity to make this Holiday Season extra special by having our UPPER 90 FC Family help some local families. Please join us in giving these families hope this holiday and their children a reason to smile on Christmas Day!