UPPER 90 FC
CODE OF CONDUCT
Let the Coaches Coach: Your player is trying his/her hardest on the field and they hear many voices all at once. The most important voice they need to hear is THEIR COACH’s voice. It becomes very confusing for your child while listening to YOUR voice, AND to the voice of the coach. Coaching from the goal or either sideline is not acceptable.
Refrain from criticizing your child’s coach: Your child brings his/her best effort to their coach at every game. If the coach has been undermined at home, it is easy for the player to lose respect and enthusiasm for the game and for their coach. If you have specific concerns, please speak privately with the coach.
Please refrain from criticizing other players on your team OR on the other team. Ours kids are learning a team sport which includes GREAT sportsmanship on the part of parents and players to not only our team, but the opposing team.
Referees. Referees are the easiest target for our anger and frustration. DO NOT CRITICIZE A REFEREE during a game. Sometimes they make good calls, and sometimes they make bad calls. This is part of the sport. If you criticize the refs for how a game turns out, you are teaching your child to blame someone else when things go wrong.
KEEP IT POSITIVE ON THE SIDELINE. Young players succeed best when they have both the support of their coach AND positive encouragement of their parents. Young athletes do not need to be reminded of mistakes they made.
I therefore agree:
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning.
- I will refrain from ridiculing or yelling at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices.
- I will NOT engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, player, parent, participant, official.
- I will NOT use drugs or alcohol while at a youth sports event.
- I will NOT engage in the use of profanity.
- I will treat any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or another attendee with respect regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ability, sex or sexual orientation.
- I will NOT engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, or official.
I hereby agree that if I fail to conform my conduct to the forgoing while attending, coaching, officiating or participating in a sports event, I will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to the following in any order or combination:
- Verbal and or written warning issued by an UPPER 90 FC official.
- Suspension or immediate ejection from a sport event issued by UPPER 90 FC official.
- Season Suspension or multiple season suspension issued by UPPER 90 FC official.