In the month of October, UPPER 90 FC will be supporting Breast Cancer Awareness. Our plan is to have all the players wearing pink socks to bring attention to the cause. The socks will cost each player $10. We are also offer performance short sleeve T-shirts and a long sleeve T-shirt it 2 separate colors for youth or parents. All the profits from these purchases are being donated to one of or both of the following charities. Both are great charities and both are local. Both these charities help not only the patient but the whole family going through different phases of cancer and their needs. Cancer impacts not only the patient, but those closest to them.
Some facts about Breast Cancer in the United States: (http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-facts)
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosedwith breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in menis rare, an estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Please be sure to reach out to your teams manager with order and payment by: Wednesday, September 20th.
We appreciate your support of Breast Cancer Awareness and UPPER 90 FC.
At UPPER 90 FC we look for youth with a “passion for the game, players with the inner drive to reach for their goals, and players with exceptional character and sportsmanship both on and off the soccer field.” With these projects we are working to develop the “off the soccer field” aspect of our youth.